Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Core Software Updates  (Read 11410 times)

chakel

Core Software Updates
« on: February 27, 2018, 06:43:27 pm »
Is there a means for Atik-Staff to notify users via this Forum board structure when updates to the core software have been placed in the download section of the website? Perhaps you could start a new permanent branch of the Support section of the Forum board Labeled Core Software Updates. You would just need to post a note that version x.x.x has been placed in the download area on month.day.year of post.

There has to be a better means than a user having to check the download section frequently looking for updates, especially in times of rapid software development and deployment as evident with the Horizon.

I have been enjoying my Horizon OSC camera adventures with a refractor, learning the software and hope to post images here soon. :)

roelb

Re: Core Software Updates
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 12:29:24 am »
I also want to see the software version number on the download page.
Now one must press download to see what is the underlying version.

Iria-Atik

• Atik Staff
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 01:45:45 pm »
Hi Chakel,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, it's a great idea! We'll check which is the best way to do it :)

Regarding the version number, it should be already on the downloads page, roelb. Please let us know if you're having any problem to find this information.

Iria

Iria

chakel

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 06:33:54 am »
You know Atik staff, even after all this time, it still would be nice to have some type of flag or indication of what version of software is available for download listed on the Forums page.
For example, a new version was released today but you would only know if you went specifically to the download page to check.
Also, please update the release notes with each new software version release. There currently is no update for today’s 2/7 release.
Thanks

Noah4x4

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 08:18:38 pm »
Chakel,  I did speak to Atik and enquired. I believe the only difference between 5.0.4.6 and 5.0.4.7 is that the software user registration screen that appeared at the end has been deleted. It works great.

BTW, I solved my problems of Infinity occasionally freezing simply by increasing the RAM in my NUC. Its odd that it worked fine for twelve months, then suddenly I ran out of resources, but I guess a Windows update or similar finally pushed it over the brink. Infinity now races along, even when using a 4K UHD display. Many NUCs are supplied with merely 4 Gb. Most laptops with 8 Gb. I recommend at least 8 Gb for the Horizon.

chakel

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 09:43:53 pm »
Thanks Noah,
I have 16 GB on the laptop that I've been using with my Horizon OSC. I'm glad that the software woes of past seem to be gone. Good work on Atik's part!
Are you tempted with a new Horizon II?
Cheers,
John

DoreenWade

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 07:15:17 am »
 Thanks for the clarification. Awesome content  I guess a Windows update or similar finally pushed it over the brink. Infinity now races along, even when using a 4 Telldunkin UHD display. Many NUCs are supplied with merely 4 Gb. Most laptops with 8 Gb. I recommend at least 8 Gb for the Horizon.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 09:46:55 am by DoreenWade »

rahulsaha

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 07:24:35 am »
Hello,
Just wondering why there are no forums for the Atik One cameras?
thanks,
rahulsaha.

eugenekace

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2020, 06:38:43 am »
Is there a means for Atik-Staff to notify users via this Forum board structure when updates to the core software have been placed in the download section of the website? Perhaps you could start a new permanent branch of the Support section of the Forum board Labeled Core Software Updates. You would just need to cutfullprice post a note that version x.x.x has been placed in the download area on month.day.year of post.

There has to be a better means than a user having to check the download section frequently looking for updates, especially in times of rapid software development and deployment as evident with the Horizon.

I have been enjoying my Horizon OSC camera adventures with a refractor, learning the software and hope to post images here soon. :)
That would be a great addition.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 06:29:42 pm by eugenekace »

bandkarde3

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2022, 06:23:54 pm »
Thanks a lot for your suggestion, it's a great idea! We'll check which is the best way to do it :)

mobdro apk

« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 07:45:25 am by bandkarde3 »