Atik Cameras

Author Topic: NGC 4535  (Read 5232 times)

dpaul

NGC 4535
« on: April 06, 2018, 11:24:15 pm »
Finally managed to get a first imaging result since February 22 - After week after week of snow, rain, clouds.
Last night was not ideal, a bit of wind and the attached galaxy in Virgo was about 40 deg above the horizon with moderate sky transparency. Main problem was the wind and getting steady images so I opted for 4x4 binning with shorter exposure rather than 2x2. This was with a 30'' scope, usually 20 second frames is fine with 2x2 binning so I only needed 12 seconds with 4x4.

The pixels are quite visible due to the 4x4 binning and the sharpness is poor but I was determine to get some result - at least it shows the colours well.

David

bwa

Re: NGC 4535
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 06:28:57 am »
Finally managed to get a first imaging result since February 22 - After week after week of snow, rain, clouds.
Last night was not ideal, a bit of wind and the attached galaxy in Virgo was about 40 deg above the horizon with moderate sky transparency. Main problem was the wind and getting steady images so I opted for 4x4 binning with shorter exposure rather than 2x2. This was with a 30'' scope, usually 20 second frames is fine with 2x2 binning so I only needed 12 seconds with 4x4.

The pixels are quite visible due to the 4x4 binning and the sharpness is poor but I was determine to get some result - at least it shows the colours well.

David
How many subs are in this result?  What gain was used?  I ask because I see an awful lot of noise and banding in the image.

bwa

dpaul

Re: NGC 4535
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 12:45:14 am »
Hi bwa

This was a bad result which I'm not proud of. It was only about 8 frames (12 secs each) integrated for each filter. The banding seems to have disappeared in the latest software version (I tried last night and no evidence at all).

Yes a lot noise too - so disregard this result.  Next three nights are forcecast clear so fingers crossed!

David