Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Sporadic Image Write Problem - Color Horizon  (Read 5960 times)

bwa

Sporadic Image Write Problem - Color Horizon
« on: April 30, 2018, 06:48:34 am »
On occasions attempting to write the screen image to a PNG or TIF file format fails, i.e.: it simply won't write.  In all cases it is possible to save the image in FIT format.

Problem occur about 10% of the time.

bwa

JimH123

Re: Sporadic Image Write Problem - Color Horizon
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 05:08:36 am »
I wonder if this is a new problem?  I have never had any issues writing a file.  But I have also only used it with the Infinity and 460ex.  But I do have the Horizon on order.

bwa

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 05:32:20 pm »
I wonder if this is a new problem?  I have never had any issues writing a file.  But I have also only used it with the Infinity and 460ex.  But I do have the Horizon on order.
I had the problem arise again last night.  My first imaging session worked like a charm; wrote the OnScreen image to a TIF file, no problem.  My next four imaging sessions wouldn't allow a TIF or PNG file output; had to save the OnScreen images as FIT, the only write format that would work!?  Almost as if the software forgot how to convert the output to TIF or PNG!?

I've never had the problem with my Infinity or 428Ex cameras and have only seen the problem with the most recent release of the software.

bwa

ForumAdmin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 07:51:39 pm »
Hi.

First time I have heard of this.  We will look into it. Only think I can think at the moment is if the software was pointed at a directory that did not exist.  You might also try adding a small delay between images. Just in case a thread is getting blocked. 
Best
Steve.

bwa

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 01:47:19 am »
Hi.

First time I have heard of this.  We will look into it. Only think I can think at the moment is if the software was pointed at a directory that did not exist.  You might also try adding a small delay between images. Just in case a thread is getting blocked. 
Best
Steve.
This problem is with writing the on-screen image after completing an imaging session.  It almost appears that the Infinity software forgets how to write a TIF or PNG file!? No problem with writing individual subs.

bwa

bwa

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 01:53:20 am »
Went two nights without this problem showing up then last night I couldn't write a PNG or TIF file all night, even after rebooting and restarting the Infinity software!

bwa