Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Condensation on chip, desicant / USB/ Power issue? Need some input  (Read 10479 times)

Tom ODonoghue

Hi group,
I've been having some issues with condensation on a centralspot on the 11 meg. I use a sealed True Tek filter wheel, I did not open it, its a closed system.
I have 12.05v going to the camera from the Atik power supply. I did a restart of the entire system. I warmedup the camera powered the whole thing down etc. It began to work ok then the condensation re-appeared after 20mins. I did change the usb cable and restarted again. I got some USB could run faster in a different port errors. This leads to a very slowdoanload time approx 2mins. So I un plugges and started again. This time I  got 2 hours of imaging without condensation.
Have you seen any pics like the one I  have attached, or have you come across this problem before?
Does the dessicant, if there is any, need to be changed / rebaked etc..
Thanks Tom.

Tom ODonoghue

Re: Condensation on chip, desicant / USB/ Power issue? Need some input
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 06:48:35 pm »
I managed to get the optical window heater working and this seems to have solved the problem. Its been wet here for the last few weeks so it might just have been the saturated air.
The guide camera was showing the same issue.

JohnnyM

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 05:14:07 pm »
Hey Tom, I have a similar issue on a few nights out over the last few weeks. Just wondering how you got the window heater working. The instructions say to use the Atikconfig application that comes with the CD, however there does not seem to be such a program on the CD.
 Did you have another way of doing it?

Thanks,
Johnny.

Tom ODonoghue

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 05:57:26 pm »
I can't find that file now of course, but I'm sure i  got it of the cd somewhere. Its named atikconfig or config.exe. Run a search for it from the cd. You open the file and play about with the firmware settings then. I'll look for an explaination of it and e mial it to you offline.
Tom