Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atik 383l+ strange line at capture  (Read 5484 times)

kookoo_gr

Atik 383l+ strange line at capture
« on: August 26, 2018, 04:31:38 pm »
I have been away from astrophotography for about 2 years and i started again this year. I have an atik 383l+ and i have these strange vertical lines at the lower right corner of my images, this started 3 years ago when i stopped imaging and i didn't give much thought to it since i had other things to deal with. Now that i started imaging again this problem is more prominent and it appears when i power my camera via dc-dc step up circuit to 13.5 volts from a 12v battery and from a mains power supply. Can anyone tell me if it is serious, for the time being i can remove them with dark frames but i am afraid this is going to get worse.

Duczmal

Re: Atik 383l+ strange line at capture
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 07:50:13 pm »
I have been away from astrophotography for about 2 years and i started again this year. I have an atik 383l+ and i have these strange vertical lines at the lower right corner of my images, this started 3 years ago when i stopped imaging and i didn't give much thought to it since i had other things to deal with. Now that i started imaging again this problem is more prominent and it appears when i power my camera via dc-dc step up circuit to 13.5 volts from a 12v battery and from a mains power supply. Can anyone tell me if it is serious, for the time being i can remove them with dark frames but i am afraid this is going to get worse.

Looks like you now have a couple of new hot pixels. You may probably correct them doing a new set of dark frames and bias frames. This is the reason you should periodically redo your masterdark and masterbias. Cheers!

Crooro

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 09:33:51 pm »
Hello!
Try using Maxim DL (Kernel filters-Dead & Hot Pixel)  ;)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126536798@N07/
Mount: Gemini G53F
Optics: Newton Truss 254mm F/3.8
Tecnosky Apo 152/1216
Tecnosky EDT-80/480
Guide: Lodestar
Imaging: G2-4000 Moravian, Atik 414EX

vince

• Atik Staff
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 12:16:21 pm »
Hello,

These types of lines can be caused by cosmic ray hits on the sensor and are normally of a low adu value, over time you will see them with the larger Kodak type sensors. They shouldn't get any worse. Darks and flats will usually remove them but they can also be removed in software such as MaximDL as Crooro mentioned.

Best regards
Vince

amekassa12

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 04:39:50 pm »
Hello,

These types of lines can be caused by cosmic ray hits on the sensor and are normally of a low adu value, over time you will see them with the larger Kodak type sensors. They shouldn't get any worse. Darks and flats will usually remove them but they can also be removed in software such as MaximDL as Crooro mentioned.

Best regards
Vince
i stopped imaging and i didn't give much thought to it since i had other things to deal with. Now that i started imaging again this problem is more prominent and it appears when i power my camera via dc-dc step up circuit to 13.5 volts from a 12v battery and from a mains power supply. Can anyone tell me if it is serious, for the time being i can remove them with dark frames but i am afraid this is going to get worse.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 10:45:18 am by vince »

vince

• Atik Staff
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 09:46:17 am »
Hello,

Could you send us in a cooled 300s dark frame into support@atik-cameras.com and we can have a proper look.

Is there a reason why you are stepping the voltage up from 12v to 13.5v?

Best regards
Vince