Atik Cameras

Author Topic: ATIK 383 L +, shutter problem  (Read 4837 times)

CCD_Stefan

ATIK 383 L +, shutter problem
« on: October 20, 2018, 05:10:40 pm »
Hello,
I bought used an older ATIK 383 L +.
I have successfully freed her from massive dust and icing.
But now and then the shutter depends, see picture (600s frame).
The problem rarely occurs, but it should not be.
Is it a problem if I shut down or remove the shutter?
At darks you just have to cover the camera, but otherwise?

Stefan
Stefan

vferi

Re: ATIK 383 L +, shutter problem
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 06:08:08 pm »
Hello Stefan,
I am a same camera user as you are. First, I do not think, it is a good idea to touch yourself the camera shutter. Secondly, this object is very-very bright. Especially the core field. Astrophotographers make shoots on that region with exposures as low as 15-30 sec. So I think take a deep breath, your camera has no any defect. You just overexposed! :) The 15 mins is good for the background, and the outer region of the M42. As you want to get not over exposed shoots closing the centre of the M42, you should take shorter- and shorter expos. Finaly, to get the four central stars (the trapez) you have to arrive to 15-30 sec expos, as I wrote above. Good luck!

vferi

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 06:22:59 pm »
Certainly, you should cover the camera inlet when making darks. Besides that - using smart ATIK-383L+, -  in the software menu where you makes darks, you suggested to find options, what kind of pictures want to make? These are 1. light, 2. dark, 3. Flat, 4. BIAS. When making these kind of frames, you have to select the appropriate mode, because  i.e. in our case, the camera so smart, that will "cover itself", means you can leave your telescope uncovered, the camera will help you, will do it inside too. Give a try! But as a rule, everyone is rcommended to cover the tube, when making darks.

CCD_Stefan

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 06:06:29 am »
She does not have the problem anymore.
Stefan