Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Attempting to be efficient  (Read 2995 times)

OhNo

Attempting to be efficient
« on: October 30, 2018, 09:56:40 pm »
This year clear nights with good seeing and transparency have been rare. I came into the possession of a used Atik Infinity. I am really liking the camera, and the Infinity software. Seeing things that would have taken me hours to capture in very little time. Efficient, right!

Here comes the question, after a brief description of what I am using for equipment, and what my issues are. Presently using the Infinity camera, fitted with a Antares .5 focal reducer and a ZWO IR Cut filter. This is stuffed into a Celestron C8 (1981 version), all mounted on a CGEM mount, sitting on a pier.

As with all mounts the target is rarely centered in the middle of the computer screen. I am familiar with guiding, but my set-up and time on target don't seem to require it as tracking is working well. However I am struggling to get Plate Solving to work. I believe plate solving would be the best way to acquire centered targets.

My plan was to get on target using APT (Astrophotography Tool) to plate solve the target, then switch to the Infinity software to capture. I can't seem to figure out how to make it all work.

I can further elaborate on my issues IF someone can get me started on what I need to do to make it all work......

Thanks in advance.

I know there is potential in this thing, how do I get it out?