Atik Cameras

Author Topic: New Core update as of Aug 21, 2018  (Read 4024 times)

ktaylor807

New Core update as of Aug 21, 2018
« on: November 09, 2018, 10:25:28 pm »
Hello ALL,
I am having trouble following the instructions to update my ATIK 383L+ core software.
*** I assume this is software that is installed INTO the camera, correct?

I am using AstroArt 7.0 for my capturing software.

As per the instructions I ran SetupArtemisUniversal.exe installer but it NEVER asked to confirm my AstroArt directory.
I did go through ALL of the prompts.

But No files have been changed, in the AA directory by looking and verify file dates) in my Astroart directory.
I DID NOT UNZIP THE CORE UPDATE IN MY AA DIRECTORY. Should I have???
It also did not ask me to connect my camera to my computer.
I am a bit confused.

Ken

bwa

Re: New Core update as of Aug 21, 2018
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 01:03:15 am »
The core software installs ATIK's software and the camera and ASCOM drivers.  The software is installed to your computer's harddrive.

To the best of my knowledge ATIK's installer does NOT install anything to other software directories, i.e.: AstroArt or other.

Artemis simply captures subs off an ATIK camera for later processing in pre/postprocessing software such as PixInsight or ATIK's Dawn.

bwa

Hello ALL,
I am having trouble following the instructions to update my ATIK 383L+ core software.
*** I assume this is software that is installed INTO the camera, correct?

I am using AstroArt 7.0 for my capturing software.

As per the instructions I ran SetupArtemisUniversal.exe installer but it NEVER asked to confirm my AstroArt directory.
I did go through ALL of the prompts.

But No files have been changed, in the AA directory by looking and verify file dates) in my Astroart directory.
I DID NOT UNZIP THE CORE UPDATE IN MY AA DIRECTORY. Should I have???
It also did not ask me to connect my camera to my computer.
I am a bit confused.

Ken