Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Horizon Crazy Artifacts  (Read 86 times)

nitehawk

Horizon Crazy Artifacts
« on: August 09, 2019, 05:44:11 AM »
I still haven't managed to take a good picture with the Horizon yet. With the new drivers I can actually connect to the camera and get pictures.

However no matter what cables I try, the images always comes out like this, where it seems like it doesn't know where the corners are supposed to be.

Also, the picture jumps around like crazy making it impossible to focus.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 05:47:33 AM by nitehawk »

nitehawk

Re: Horizon Crazy Artifacts
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 05:46:15 AM »
It is worse when I use USB2, way worse

vince

• Atik Staff
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 10:28:58 AM »
Hello,

Would you mind contacting support@atik-cameras.com please, this looks like a hardware issue . It would be good if you could send in the fits file versions of the images posted here.

Best regards
Vince

nitehawk

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 01:54:17 PM »
Thanks, Vince. I had only saved the jpegs from Infinity, so I will get some fits tonight.

Also this effect happened in Sharpcap and SGP. So it is not Infinity's fault.

nitehawk

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 06:05:32 PM »
I went out last night to take some pictures. I used a different (and newer) computer to eliminate that as a factor and... all of the pictures came out fine! Apparently my older laptop has a problem with its USB ports where it was not able to display images from the Horizon. I am not really understanding why, but from now on I plan on using the newer computer to capture with the Horizon.

I guess the lesson is that USB3 is quite touchy, and to try backups of everything. Including the computer.