Atik Cameras

Author Topic: 460EX does not connect to software  (Read 4143 times)

astrodoc

460EX does not connect to software
« on: January 14, 2019, 04:44:35 am »
Hi folks,
I have had no issues at all for several months until now. For some reason I am no longer able to control the camera with any software. I have been using it with Software Bisque's The Sky X with no trouble but now can't control it with anything. I have tried the Atik universal and also ASCOM camera settings in TSX with no luck. Even Artemis will not connect. TSX shows error "203". Device not responding. I updated the core software which is dated from August 2018. The device does show up in the device manager under "universal serial bus controllers" as Atik 460EX  and the device is shown as operating properly with the correct driver listed. So no idea what is happening. I don't believe I have altered anything. I was using an expensive powered usb hub so thought that was the issue but even direct connect to PC does not help. The fact that I cannot connect via Artemis is concerning. The fan is operating. Using PC with windows 10
Thanks
Dave

theoatc

Re: 460EX does not connect to software
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 11:54:26 am »
Sounds u could use a pc format and a fresh install of WIN 7 not 10 . I had similar issues with win 10 (64 bit), since i installed win 7 , everything works flawlessly

astrodoc

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 01:44:57 pm »
Thanks for the reply! So after thinking about this I realized that the problem came up after I did a new video camera installation and I believe I was using the same usb port for the new video camera. Probably not a good idea with windows 10. Right after that is when I started having issues. I did a system restore to a point just before the installation when everything was fine and now we are all good again! Remember not to use the same usb port if operating a different camera. Atik might be sensitive to this.
Regards
Dave

applezop

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 11:19:38 am »
 I loaded SGPro / Atik Core and Ascom 6.30 on another Laptop to try see if connects/listed but exact same thing which says it is not the laptop at fault. I think it is to do with the drivers but may be something else but if it is I cannot suss it out.