Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Happy Just need to learn more  (Read 3386 times)

photonsponge

Happy Just need to learn more
« on: June 12, 2019, 05:11:22 pm »
Hello everyone,

I got my new Horizon color camera yesterday and set it up on my ES 127 APO, Turned it toward the SE and waited for Jupiter.  Ihad a lot of cloudiness at dusk but then all of a sudden there it was bright as ever.  Got my "loop" going and was watching semi-live video on my laptop.  Very cool to me.  Just amazed at watching and finalizing the focus.  Now figuring out how to save what i was seeing.  Of course i didn't know what i was doing but it kept saying not saved.  I stumbled around in the program under sequencer and some other things and then my laptop almost stopped working.  I guess it was busy trying to save all those amazing pixels.  Lots of fun but I have a long way to go to get proficient.  It loaded up my drive with a ton of .fit files.  Now i just have to figure out how to view and stack them and what software does that.  Is there any tutorial available somewhere to smooth out the learning curve?

TNX,
photonsponge

vince

• Atik Staff
Re: Happy Just need to learn more
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 12:52:27 pm »
Hello,

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the camera, registax is a good program for stacking planetary images https://www.astronomie.be/registax/ but there are many others out there.

Hope this helps,

Vince