Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Dithering with PHD2 - Atik Staff?  (Read 4075 times)

Rob Farmiloe

Dithering with PHD2 - Atik Staff?
« on: April 08, 2019, 03:20:09 pm »
There is a script (writen by Bruce Waddington ) that will run via the command line in Artemis. I Will need to test this in Dusk.

The command line instruction works well and will start a script located on C drive. That script once activated instructs PHD2 to Dither.  All good.

Artemis though does not seem able to instruct a command line while still downloading a capture.

Do bin x2 and Artemis finishes the download JUST before actioning the command script. Approx 4s . All good.

Do unbinned and it attempts to action the script then freezes requiring a restart. Unbinned download time apprx 8s. If the script is instructed prior to completion of the capture download the feeze occurs.  Artemis stops responding and never recovers.  The script does not communicate with Artemis. Artemis command line just gives an instruction to go open the script which actions PHD2 and sends no instruction to Artemis.

My guess is there is an inbuilt delay in Artemis between exposure end and command line start of around 4 seconds.

Artemis appears unable to read the command line while still downloading,  resulting in the freeze.

Is there anyone from Atik who can confirm the time delay in seconds or comment on the error. Can the delay be extended or cause of the freeze identified.

I assume the same will happen in Dusk unless that part of the application has been restructured in Dusk.

I am using an Atik One 6.0 but do not believe other than the download time this is relevant.

Thanks Rob

bnred777

Re: Dithering with PHD2 - Atik Staff?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 07:39:45 am »
I too am very interested in this.