Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atik 16200 Mono + TheSkyX  (Read 6066 times)

bnred777

Atik 16200 Mono + TheSkyX
« on: July 04, 2019, 08:17:09 am »
I'm not sure what's going on but when I take images in theskyx with the Atik 16200 (via ascom) I get extreme horizontal banding. If I take a picture in Dusk the problem is gone. I have $1200 bucks invested in that software and would really like to be able to use it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

vince

• Atik Staff
Re: Atik 16200 Mono + TheSkyX
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 11:56:33 am »
Hello,

That does look strange, normally the 16200 works fine with the Sky X, in fact we use this setup with our company observatory. Have you tried updating your software nad checking all connections? If you still have a problem please contact support@atik-cameras.com

Best regards
Vince

bnred777

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 01:07:20 am »
Hi Vince, I have updated everything. I actually renewed my sub with sb in order to get the latest version of theskyx but it still had issues. Do you use the ascom driver for the camera in theskyx or is there something else I don't know about?

On another note, what does the "preview" checkbox do on in ascom options?

vince

• Atik Staff
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 11:18:18 am »
Hello,

The guys at sb wrote the drivers for the Atik range, I believe they are listed as Atik universal. We normally use the ASCOM drivers. The "preview" or "pre" function alters where precharge is subtracted, either on the camera or on the PC. This normally need to be left un ticked and only ticked for some of the smaller CCD cameras when image download speed is a priority over image quality . If this box is ticked when taking long exposures there will be problems with the downloaded images. Do you have this ticked?

Best regards
Vince

bnred777

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 05:15:16 pm »
That's a good question... I know I did at one point. Hopefully that's all it was. I'm going to find out in just a few minutes... stay tuned :)

Thanks,
B

bnred777

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 08:17:30 pm »
Well I tried the camera out with theskyx again. I'm just shooting flats but so far I see no problems. I have tried with and without the preview mode on and it did not produce the same results. The only think that has changed is the power supply. I was running on a battery when I was having issues and I'm running on a power brick now. Maybe that was causing some sort of issue. In any case, I thank you for the help!

Thanks,
B