Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Astrodon Narrow Band Filters as well as RGB!!  (Read 6900 times)

mayusravi

Astrodon Narrow Band Filters as well as RGB!!
« on: June 25, 2019, 04:46:04 pm »
Hi folks, changed my filters from Astronomik to Astrodon filters in my manual Atik filter  wheel.  when attached to my Tak 85 the wheel will no longer rotate.  It works fine wen off the wheel. Looks like Atik filter wheels do not work with Astrodon Filters!!!

Any information or other experience with this?

Thanks

LaLucina

Re: Astrodon Narrow Band Filters as well as RGB!!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 06:30:24 pm »
Funnily enough I’ve just been checking my EFW2 for this issue. I have Astrodons and my last imaging session the green didn’t change over to blue filter so I have to image sets the same.

I’ve just slackened off the housing allen key bolts and tried a mock imaging run. The filters change fine and no rubbing. We’ll see how it pans out.

vince

• Atik Staff
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 12:35:38 pm »
Hi Guys,

Sorry for not seeing this earlier, do you still have this problem? I know some of the Astrodon filters can be a tight fit. It does sound like the filters are catching the case. The recommended maximum depth for the filters is 7 mm excluding the threaded part and if I remember correctly Astrodon 1.25" filters are 7.5 mm excluding the thread, however we do have other users using Astrodon filter sets successfully. I would ensure the filters are fully down in the carousel and check that there isn't a screw protruding into the carousel area if you have the OAG fitted.

Best regards
Vince

david96

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 07:48:17 am »
Also, since RGB is not narrowband then regardless of crossover wont they all suffer ... The nice attribute of the Astrodon filters is that the colour cross over allows for OIII teal to be ... I would like to think about oiii and sii as well.
Thank you
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 09:33:43 am by vince »

david96

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 07:55:35 am »
A broadband filter, on the other hand, such as RGB filters from an ... The nature and benefit of narrow band emissions is that they are extremely narrow,Common practical combinations are LRGB, LRGBHa, HaSIIOIII and RGB. ... Baader, Astronomik and Astrodon are ... a light pollution filter (used in unfavorable conditions) in addition to a narrowband set comprising of Hα, SII, OII wavelengths.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 11:23:51 am by vince »

k7vf

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 04:52:33 pm »
I have used the Astrodon unmounted 36mm filters in my EFW2 for years without any clearance issues. I can see how 1.25 filters might be a tighter fit though.