Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Maximum and Minimum Temperature!!  (Read 4040 times)

Konickmickson

Maximum and Minimum Temperature!!
« on: June 26, 2019, 11:44:01 am »
Hi all,

I have a ATIK 414 EX mono camera. It works fine, no problems. Now I have a question about the temperatures in winter. If you take always pictures at let us say -5 degC, than it may happen in cold winter time, that the temperature of the chip during operation without any cooling is lower than -5 degC. Will the camera warm the temperature up automatically?
Or is there no regulation at all? And what is the absolute minimum temperature, the camera should be operated?
If the outside temperature is -20 degC, it would cool down than below -50 degC. Is this okay to run the camera?

Thanks in advance for your answers.....

vince

• Atik Staff
Re: Maximum and Minimum Temperature!!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 02:51:12 pm »
Hello,

The cooling will not warm the camera up, it can only cool the sensor. If the ambient temperature was -5 degC you would really need to cool the camera slightly to cool the sensor evenly, if the camera is running the electronics will generate heat probably causing a gradient on the image.

We know of our cameras being used down to -30 degC with no problems, the cooling has a maximum delta of -25 degC below ambient.

Best regards
Vince

lolamopa

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 11:00:28 pm »
Hello,
The cooling will not warm the camera up, it can only cool the sensor. If the ambient temperature was -5 degC you would really need to cool the camera slightly to cool the sensor evenly, if the camera is running the electronics will generate heat probably causing a gradient on the image.

We know of our cameras being used down to -30 degC with no problems, the cooling has a maximum delta of -25 degC below ambient.

Best regards
Vince
I have a ATIK 414 EX mono camera. It works fine, no problems. Now I have a question about the temperatures in winter. If you take always pictures at let us say -5 degC, than it may happen in cold winter time, that the temperature of the chip during operation without any cooling is lower than -5 degC. Will the camera warm the temperature up automatically?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 11:02:40 am by vince »

vince

• Atik Staff
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 10:35:03 am »
Hello,

The heat generated by the CCD when the camera is powered up will increase the sensor temperature normally to around 20 degC.
To prevent gradients in your image you always want to be cooling the sensor.

Best regards
Vince