Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atikbase and Infinity  (Read 3954 times)

Andicap

Atikbase and Infinity
« on: July 13, 2019, 05:00:43 pm »
solved by ZWO Camera

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 12:14:48 pm by Andicap »

vince

• Atik Staff
Re: Atikbase and Infinity
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 10:17:06 am »
Hello,

Are you planning on using the AtikBase's Stellarmate software to control the infinity? or are you planning to use Atik Air and infinity software on a windows machine? Either way the AtikBase unit will need to be connected using a USB lead to the Infinity camera.

Hope this helps.

Best regards
Vince

Andicap

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 07:25:51 pm »
my plan is to connect Atik Infinity to Atikbase via Usb. i can use the Infinity only in Kstars Ekos. but not work like in Atik Air wireless to my Laptop whit Infinitysoftware .

I install AtikAir now. but it dont work whit indi and AtikAir on same pi. if indi works. no Atik. if Atik works no indi....

what is best way to switch between both services ?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 07:35:44 pm by Andicap »

vince

• Atik Staff
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 11:49:50 am »
Hello,

AtikBase comes with Atik air pre installed, you should be able to use Kstars / Ekos and Atik air at the same time as long as the camera is connected to Atik Air and not connected in Ekos. So for instance you can control your mount etc in Ekos and the camera can be used on a PC running Atik software using Atik Air as the connection.

Please let me know if this is not the case.

Best regards
Vince

aztecdave

• BaseBetaTester
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 12:22:34 pm »
Hi Vince,
Jumping in on this thread.........

I can confirm that I have got atikair to work with atikbase and atik infinity software on my pc........ I have found the infinity software  freezes but as far as I can tell my atikair/ atikbase connection is still connected so not sure what is going on hrre. This is an indoors check sowill give it a go next time I get dome clear nights now that permanent teilight is beginning to go up here in NE Scotland!.

Just one point with Ekos - it requires either a camera or guide camera conected. To get round this I put a ccd simulator as a guide camera on my Ekos profile.

Regards

David (AztecDave)

vince

• Atik Staff
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 10:44:35 am »
Hello Dave,

Good news that it all works OK! And good point on connecting Ekos to the simulator camera. If the Infinity program problem continues please let us know.

Best regards
Vince