Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Infinity with Horizon camera green cast to images  (Read 4073 times)

Pieter

Infinity with Horizon camera green cast to images
« on: July 31, 2019, 06:09:11 pm »
Trying to reduce learning curve for outreach events.  Using Horizon color camera with Infinity software, latest release of everything (2019).  The image as it is stacked has a definite greenish cast.  I am working with an HP laptop and extending the image to an Asus IPS monitor.  Have used Spyder 4 to set up a corrected color driver for the monitor.  The color on the monitor is better than on the laptop, but still has a distinct green cast. 
I realize that I can alter the color balance on the fly during live stacking, but my best efforts leave much to be desired.
Is there any way I can improve the color balance more elegantly?
--Pieter

PS I can remove the green cast during post processing in MaximDL and Photoshop, but I want a little more WOW factor for my outreach events.

DaveD

Re: Infinity with Horizon camera green cast to images
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 07:10:14 pm »
Trying to reduce learning curve for outreach events.  Using Horizon color camera with Infinity software, latest release of everything (2019).  The image as it is stacked has a definite greenish cast.  I am working with an HP laptop and extending the image to an Asus IPS monitor.  Have used Spyder 4 to set up a corrected color driver for the monitor.  The color on the monitor is better than on the laptop, but still has a distinct green cast. 
I realize that I can alter the color balance on the fly during live stacking, but my best efforts leave much to be desired.
Is there any way I can improve the color balance more elegantly?
--Pieter

PS I can remove the green cast during post processing in MaximDL and Photoshop, but I want a little more WOW factor for my outreach events.
I am also looking for the same. Help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Dave

vince

• Atik Staff
Re: Infinity with Horizon camera green cast to images
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 02:46:51 pm »
Hi,

It would be good to see some sample images, are you using an IR/UV filter with the cameras?

Best regards
Vince