Atik Cameras

Author Topic: question for atik air connectivity!!  (Read 5363 times)

mishkalidas

question for atik air connectivity!!
« on: July 25, 2019, 10:44:51 am »
Hi All,

I've recently noticed this product and am in the process of buying a rasp pi 3 to fiddle.  The question I have is one of little knowledge, so I am hoping someone can shed some light on the subject for me.

The setup I have is a 383L+ mono with EFW2, off-axis guiding with a starshooter and a robofocuser.

From reading up on Atik Air, it would connect my atik/efw2/ss all to the rasp pi via usb - no problems.

As for the NEQ6 and robofocuser  - I have the usb to serial convertor cable to control the mount (typically plugged into my computer), and the robofocuser is plugged into the computer ethernet port.  I if use the rasp pi being wifi'd to the computer would I be able to connect the robofocuser to the rasp pi ethernet port and the mount into the rasp pi usb as well.  Essentially the rasp pi with atik air becomes a wifi link to the computer so I do not have to run cables like I already do.

I hope this makes sense?

Somerville7798

Re: question for atik air connectivity!!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 06:29:37 am »
Hi All,

I've recently noticed this product and am in the process of buying a rasp pi 3 to fiddle.  The question I have is one of little knowledge, so I am hoping someone can shed some light on the subject for me.

The setup I have is a 383L+ mono with EFW2, off-axis guiding with a starshooter and a robofocuser.

From reading up on Atik Air, it would connect my atik/efw2/ss all to the rasp pi via usb - no problems.

As for the NEQ6 and robofocuser  - I have the usb to serial convertor cable to control the mount (typically plugged into my computer), and the robofocuser is plugged into the computer ethernet port.  I if use the rasp pi being wifi'd to the computer would I be able to connect the robofocuser to the rasp pi ethernet port and the mount into the rasp pi usb as well.  Essentially the rasp pi with atik air becomes a wifi link to the computer so I do not have to run cables like I already do.

I hope this makes sense?

Having the same issue.

ArtL

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 03:30:45 pm »
What is the current status regarding whether AtikAir will run on the the Raspberry Pi 4 ( RPi4 )?

vince

• Atik Staff
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 11:05:39 am »
Hello,

We still only offically only support the RPI 3, the cameras work fine with the RPi 4 but the EFW2/3 can still be a problem with some RPi 4 models. If you already have a RPi 4 try it and see if it works OK, if you don't already have one we would recommend a RPi 3.

Hope this helps.

Best regards
Vince