Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Horizon Crazy Artifacts  (Read 14307 times)

Ottmar

Re: Horizon Crazy Artifacts
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2019, 02:49:56 pm »
Hello Craig,
just to keep you updated: I´ve sent some infos about my experiments with different PC´s to the ATIK-support. Maybe that´s helpful. In my case, a Core i3-PC showed those artifacts using Artemis and using DUSK. Two different i5-PCs worked well with Artemis, but sometimes had trouble with DUSK. All computers run with WIN7 64 bit.
A newer PC with i5 processor and WIN 10 also worked fine with Artemis, but refused to connect to the camera under DUSK. I could not find any influence of USB2 or USB3 interfaces.
That´s just an observation, hopefully it helps.
Clear skies!
Ottmar

CraigG

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2019, 03:16:09 pm »
Hi Ottmar!

Yes, that's very helpful! I have not used Dusk yet as I'm still trying to troubleshoot my interface with Infinity. I'm able to connect my Horizon just fine to all programs including SharpCap. However, using Infinity on 2 different PCs, one with a I7 and the other with an I5 show the same artifacts in 1x1 binning but not 2x2. I know that Atik-support continues to look into my Infinity issue and I'm very confident that they will do everything that they can to solve both of our issues.

Still waiting for better skies to resume testing here but hoping that your getting some time outside! Please let me know if you have any updates from Support if you get a chance.

Thanks again Ottmar!
Craig

Ottmar

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2019, 02:31:42 pm »
Hello Vince,
sorry I didn´t check the forum for some time. I had sent a detailed error description with some sample pictures on Oct. 12th (19:26 MESZ) to support@atik-cameras.com
There was no error message reply so I thought you should have received it. I will send it again now to the same address.
By the way: In the meantime I have used the Horizon with Artemis and got nice results without any traces of artifacts.
Best regards
Ottmar

sunnywilson09

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2020, 06:54:34 pm »
I have the same problems with these patterns and it seems to depend on the PC: With a Core i3-processor, 1.7 GHz, 8 GB RAM, WIN7 64 bit, there´s no chance to get a reasonable picture. Using USB 2 or USB 3 makes no difference: There will be large scale rectangular patterns over the whole field, and some of these fields are filled up with smaller boxes again. Sometimes these look like a Scottish Kilt. tubemate download

Regards, mobdro
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 08:11:05 pm by sunnywilson09 »