Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Is AtikCameraRegister service obsolete ??  (Read 6572 times)

jarbi

Is AtikCameraRegister service obsolete ??
« on: September 11, 2019, 08:29:55 pm »
Hi,

I have recently installed the latest Atik drivers, released on 8 august and I have random lockups with my Atik 11000 camera/EFW2 filterwheel. Also filed a request at Atik Support but in the meantime I keep investigating the possible reasons. What I find is that I can disable the AtikCameraRegister service and the camera and EFW2 is still connecting - I will try to run a real photosession to see if it keeps working fine this way.
Does anyone know if this service completely obsolete now with the version 5.x drivers? Apparently it was not uninstalled when I was uninstalling the 4.x drivers,

Clear skies,
Janos
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 08:32:48 pm by jarbi »

jarbi

Re: Is AtikCameraRegister service obsolete ??
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 02:06:41 pm »
Finally I have an indirect answer to my question: a conversation with Atik support confirms that this service shouldn't be present in the latest installation packages. Nevertheless it is still there in version 5.0.4.6, installed and starting automatically.
I am still hoping that the stability of the ASCOM drivers improves, I'm  fighting with random driver lockups every time. When the driver gets stuck - strangely enough - stopping and starting AtikCameraRegister service gives a "kick" to make the driver working again ( f.e. continuing an image download ). With the service disabled, there is no way to reconnect my EFW3/Atik camera without a power cycle...