Atik Cameras

Author Topic: programs don't see current camera temperature  (Read 5180 times)

Dan Marcus

programs don't see current camera temperature
« on: November 26, 2019, 09:33:31 pm »
ATIK 383L color camera- temperature not controlling properly

TSK (TheSkyX) and APT (Astro Photography Tools) do not see the camera temperature after they connect. The just seem to see it when the camera connects and that is the number both programs remember, and they never get an update on the current temperature. ATIK capture program works properly. I can see the temperature rise and fall but the other two programs act like the camera temperature never changes from the time the programs first connect to the camera.

Running Win 10 and have the most current updates (as far as I know) for Win 10, atik driver, and APT. We have been having issues with both programs since the ATIK driver update, but things finally “broke” last night, so I installed fresh on a laptop that was current in Win10, ATIK drivers and APT(Astro Photography Tools) and TSX ver 10.5.0(build 12304)

Tried running TSX as administrator, can connect to camera, but Temperature of camera does not update after connecting. Power will fluctuate if you call for more cold or less cold, but “error:command failed, Error=206” will occur when setting to 20deg C? temp of camera is at 22.4? but if cooler is at 100% for 3 or 4  minutes it still shows 22.4 or what ever temp the camera was when you first connect it.

Closed TSX and it acts the same when I run it normal or in adm mode.
Tried running APT as adm and it still does not see the proper camera temp- just keeps showing the one that the camera was at when the program connects.

Camera appears to work with these programs, but have I no Idea what cooling is doing.

I tried reloading (no I did not remove the old installation) the ATIK drivers as administrator, rebooted and same issue.
The ATIK camera control program DOES see the temperature ok and regulates it ok.
Our issue is we would like to use PemPro and need to get it to work in TSX, we also prefer to use APT and PHD2 when imaging and autoguiding.
Dan Marcus

Dan Marcus

Re: programs don't see current camera temperature
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 07:46:04 pm »
uninstalled APT and ATIK software, rebooted and reloaded as administrator the legacy core software for ATIK. and installed APT as administrator. Now both TheSkyX and APT will operate the cooler and the camera using the legacy ASCOM driver.

Both APT and TheSkyX are currently working properly with the legacy ASCOM driver and the ATIK 383L color camera.

Has anyone been able to use the current ATIK driver, and a 383L camera with TheSkyX or APT, or is there still an issue with the most current driver?
Dan Marcus

Helen Usher

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 05:01:49 pm »
I'm having not dissimilar problems - atik 460 (tried with mono and colour) flashes temp then goes back to no cooler.  But worse, if I take an image it hangs on reading it...  will do a new thread.
Helen

vince

• Atik Staff
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 03:20:02 pm »
Hello Dan,

Sorry about this! I think you have found a bug in our software, our software engineers will get it fixed as soon as possible by means of a new core software.

We'll post on here once the new software is ready.

Best regards
Vince

vince

• Atik Staff
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 10:04:39 am »
Hello Dan,

Andrew will be emailing you from support through your support ticket. Our engineers have corrected the problem in the software.

Best regards
Vince

EGREGORY57

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 07:16:54 pm »
Not sure what's going on, but when I run the SKYX Professional Astronomer software, it does not activate or cannot see the temperature/cooling on my ATIK 414EX.  I run Artemis and am able to activate cooling, so I know it's working.  For the SKYX the temperature does not move down at all, although camera is fully connected.  This wasn't a problem before.  Not sure where to begin.

EGREGORY57

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 09:31:22 pm »
Ok. I solved this by removing the most current Atik core software and reinstalling the legacy software.  Cooler now works.

vince

• Atik Staff
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 12:31:47 pm »
Hello,

Thank you for your post. You will need to use the ASCOM plug in and not the native Atik driver. All should work fine.

Best regards
Vince