Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Infinity Camera Stops Working After Several Hours  (Read 3254 times)

Seaquel47

Infinity Camera Stops Working After Several Hours
« on: November 30, 2019, 06:22:46 pm »
After several hours of use my Infinity camera will stop working and I am unable to restart it.  The ambient temperature is cool, about 70ºF.  Last night I tried turning the power off and disconnecting from the computer.  I closed the Infinity software, restarted it and reconnected the camera.  The software shows "Connecting" but it never does.  Any ideas what is happening?

vince

• Atik Staff
Re: Infinity Camera Stops Working After Several Hours
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 12:21:39 pm »
Hello,

Sorry to hear this! This sound a bit strange, how are you supply the 12 volts to the camera?

Best regards
Vince

CraigG

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 06:37:31 pm »
It sounds like a power supply problem to me too. My Horizon  cameras that are supplied with 12v from a battery pack will sometimes start acting up when going into extended imaging sessions. Even though the camera is still linked to Infinity and taking exposures, each image produces no data in either the histogram or saved FIT file. Switching to a new power pack returns the camera to normal operation.

Craig

Seaquel47

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 01:36:48 am »
I am using a Talentcell 142whr lithium ion battery.  I fully charge it and it shows 4 out of 5 bars when everything freezes.  I'll have to rig up a voltmeter to check when it happens.  I can't be positive but I believe the first time it happened i was running off of the charger because I didn't have the battery yet.