Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Maxim DL color matrix  (Read 4741 times)

danielmojon

Maxim DL color matrix
« on: March 29, 2020, 12:19:48 pm »
While I have no problem with my Atik 16200 color, I cannot get a correct color with my Atik horizon color: I chose generic RGB and with all four combination 0,0 1,0 0,1 1,1 the color is wrong. Thanks!

vince

• Atik Staff
Re: Maxim DL color matrix
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 11:07:10 am »
Hello,

The best way to work out the settings for the bayer offset is to take a day time image of something and replicate the colours on the screen. We have covered this in a video that you can find here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6A2y3W0uJY&feature=emb_logo

If you're still having issues after trying that please drop an email to our support.

Best regards
Vince

johnshelbyy

Re: Maxim DL color matrix
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 06:57:26 am »
While I have no problem with my Atik 16200 color, I cannot get a correct color with my Atik horizon color: I chose generic RGB and with all four combination 0,0 1,0 0,1 1,1 the color is wrong. Thanks !
This sounds like a debayering issue. In order to release the colour the image must be debayered prior to stacking, though most software will debayer then stack from a single command mykfcexperience
MyPrepaidCenter

I am using an OSC camera with NINA.

the previews are debayered automatically, but the data is stored before de-Bayering. This allows for calibration with darks, bias and flats. Then you debayer, align and stack.

Try loading a single file into Pixinsight and using the Debayer process. It should reveal the colour. If it doesn’t then you have a weird problem, but the Pixinsight gurus here will quickly diagnose the issue.

I use the Preprocessing script (under Scripts, Batch, Preprocessing) to do all the routine stuff on a bunch of light frames, but until you are familiar with what is going on it is probably better to go step by step (I certainly found it useful in picking out the silly errors I was making as I learned Pixinsight).