Atik Cameras

Author Topic: ATIK 414ex color not saving color images  (Read 4185 times)

nshepro

ATIK 414ex color not saving color images
« on: May 24, 2020, 03:16:27 pm »
Using Artemis and Infinity, I can get good color images. When they are saved and I reopen them, all the images are black and white. If I replay the imaging session using infinity, they are displayed again in color. My goal is to stack the images in DSS and incorporate the calibration frames, but so far, all of my stacked images are black and white.

Any advice on this? I did do a search for it and the one solution I got was to save an individual image, but not auto save each image as they download. Thank you.

CraigG

Re: ATIK 414ex color not saving color images
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 04:40:57 pm »
Hi!

Sounds like you're not "Debayering" your FITS files in whatever program your trying to view them in. In DSS, verify that you've set the proper bayer pattern for your camera in the Settings-Raw/FITS Digital Development Process Settings. My Horizon uses the GRBG pattern but not sure about your camera.

Good luck! Check back in to let us know if it worked.
Craig
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 07:43:10 pm by CraigG »

nshepro

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 07:53:35 pm »
CraigG, Thank you for your response. It has been storming here for what seems to be the past month. I am stacking the ring nebula right now in DSS using the changes you told me about. I couldn't find and debayer options in Nebulosity, Dawn, or GIMP. At least now I know what I am looking for so thank you.

nshepro

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 04:12:00 am »
I found the Debayer option in Dawn. I had to scroll right and not down. My mistake. I am still having a hard time with the Core software so I am going to look for something different.

haleighba

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 10:29:44 am »
Using Artemis and Infinity, I can get good color images. When they are saved and I reopen them, all the images are black and white. If I replay the imaging session using infinity, they are displayed again in color. My goal is to stack the images in DSS and incorporate the calibration frames, but so far, all of my stacked images are black and white.omegle

Any advice on this? I did do a search for it and the one solution I got was to save an individual image, but not auto save each image as they download. Thank you.
It has been storming here for what seems to be the past month. I am stacking the ring nebula right now in DSS using the changes you told me about.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 07:28:06 pm by haleighba »