Atik Cameras

Author Topic: 414ex not detected by drivers  (Read 2527 times)

james_screech

414ex not detected by drivers
« on: June 05, 2020, 09:12:13 am »
Usually I setup my telescope / camera every night I use it but in preparation for my new observatory (and because I was working from home so around all day) I left everything out during the day. On the second night I could not connect to my 414ex camera, the ASCOM setting dialog didn't have the camera in its list. The camera and all other accessories are connected via a Pegasus ultimate power box (including a powered USB hub). All other devices were recognised except this 414ex. I tried disconnecting and re-connecting the camera, both USB and power to no effect. I tried turning the USB hub off and back on again also rebooting the computer several times, but the camera still was no recognised. I tried the Atik software no, looked in Device manager and it did not list the camera. The computer detected that the camera was plugged in, because if I disconnected it from the hub and reconnected it Windows made a sound.

After much swearing and cursing I did manage to get it working again, I needed to shutdown the laptop disconnect the USB cable between the laptop and the hub, reboot the computer and only then reconnect the USB.

Surely the drivers should correctly detect the camera if it's connected when the computer is booted. When I get the observatory fully up and running I don't want to have to disconnect and reconnect cables every time I use the system, one of the main advantages of an observatory is that everything can be left connected.

James