Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Pixel size in header  (Read 10643 times)

Wolfgang

Pixel size in header
« on: April 10, 2013, 07:49:13 am »
Hello
I have an urgent problem, I am just setting up a remote observatory in namibia with a Titan camera as guider, now I noticed that the pixel size in the fits header is displayed as 0.74 instead od 7.4
no matter if I use the Maxim Artemis HSC plugin or Artemis capture.
The problem is CCDAutopilot relies on the pixelsize to set the guiding parameters.
I need urgent help on this as im heading back to Europe in a couple of days.
Thanks
Wolfgang

NickK

Re: Pixel size in header
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 08:17:13 am »
Hello
I have an urgent problem, I am just setting up a remote observatory in namibia with a Titan camera as guider, now I noticed that the pixel size in the fits header is displayed as 0.74 instead od 7.4
no matter if I use the Maxim Artemis HSC plugin or Artemis capture.
The problem is CCDAutopilot relies on the pixelsize to set the guiding parameters.
I need urgent help on this as im heading back to Europe in a couple of days.
Thanks
Wolfgang

If the image is a FITS image - there are quite a few apps out there that would allow you to change it. PixInsight (try the trial version) can do this.
ATIK 383L+, Titan, 16IC, EFW2, OAG | Pentax 105SDP | NEQ6
Author of the ATIK OSX Drivers and AOSX - Astronomy on OSX

Wolfgang

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 08:28:35 am »
Hello Nick

I know, but that doesnt help as  CCDap gathers the information during the guider calibration run and gets the wrong information with every image downloaded.

Wolfgang

Chris

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 05:12:22 pm »
AFAIK the pixel size is read from the low level driver so needs to be fixed there.  Have you contacted ATIK support directly? It will be better to do so than rely on them visiting this site.

Chris