Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atik 383L+ Shutter question  (Read 5531 times)

ogami

Atik 383L+ Shutter question
« on: November 09, 2013, 10:03:39 am »
I have got one question about shutter in this camera. Im just playing and testing with new camera and one thing seems strange to me. Even if i set shortest possible exposure (0.2), shutter stays open for something like 4-5 seconds. even the shortest exposure gets oversaturated in the dim lit room. This is my first camera with mechanical shutter and i dont know if its how it suppose to work, but it seems strange to me.

Thanks for your help.

ogami

Re: Atik 383L+ Shutter question
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 09:44:19 am »
i made some videos today to better explain shutter problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gq0n84bYgw&feature=youtu.be

first video shows strange shutter movement after connecting the camera to control program (MaxIm DL, ArtemisCCD).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwDhuY63_-k&feature=youtu.be

second video shows how long shutter stays open (6s). this is 1s exposure in MaxIm DL.

i tested almost everything ... tried 2 diferent PCs, 3 USB cables, 3 programs (MaxIm DL, ArtemisCCD, SGPro), 2 types of power sources, Ascom and ArtemisHSC drivers, but problem still remains.

Lex

• We do it at night...
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 05:24:45 pm »
Hi,

When the camera is connected the shutter always clicks twice to say hello, absolutely normal  ;)
On the other side the 1 second exposure behavior is kind of starnge... What binning did you use?
Does this behavior change if you use different binning?

Best
CGEM, C11, TS Carbon Apo Triplet 90/600, TS Carbon UNC 254/1250, Atik 383l+, EFW2,
TSOAG, Lodestar....

ogami

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 08:23:41 pm »
I tried bin1x1 and bin2x2 with same result. Today i discussed it via mail with Vince from Atik. Camera will be sent soon back to factory by my local dealer for further investigation.