Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Camera not connecting  (Read 5483 times)

roblewis

Camera not connecting
« on: October 18, 2016, 11:18:28 am »
Hi all
I am new to this forum and posting my 1st question. I have used the Atik 314L camera for some years now and have been very happy with it. The only problems experienced have been due to computer problems and recently Windows 10. As a result I have gone back to Windows7. I use a Fujitsu laptop and everything seems to work well. I also have an old Compaq laptop that I used to use with the camera and decided to load the software and drivers to this so that I had a back up laptop available. The problem I have is that on testing the camera I get the message that the camera is not detected. I have checked the usb port in device manager and the camera is listed and seems ok. There are no problems with the leads as everything works well on the other laptop. Any idea as to what might be wrong? Many thanks for any suggestions.
Robert

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
Re: Camera not connecting
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 09:55:56 am »
Hi Robert,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. My first through is that the drivers are wrong. Did you install the software from the CD or did you download it from our website. My advice is to download the latest from the website (www.atik-cameras.com/downloads). Then (once installed) check the driver details for the camera (Device Manager -> Right click on Camera -> Properties). The manufacturer should say 'libusb'. If you can check that and let me know what happens, we can go from there.

Chris.