Atik Cameras

Author Topic: reflection artefact  (Read 5956 times)

andyo

reflection artefact
« on: September 07, 2016, 06:06:17 pm »
Hi had my first imaging session with my new atik 460EX and found a reflection of the star 52cygni.I have checked the internals of the scope and all is well there.The only thing I have changed in my setup is the camera. I used to have an Atik 314L+ and I never got any internal reflections with that.
I have run several tests over a couple of nights
1.It shows in all filters
2.If I rotate the camera or filter wheel the reflection rotates
3.It mirrors the movement of the mount ie. I move the mount so the star being reflected move East the reflection moves West etc.
I have slewed to several bright stars such as vega and a reflection of the star is also there.
Nothing untoward shows in flats or darks
I have attached an image showing the reflection artefact.
I  can't find any cause for this reflection with the internal workings of the scope and am wondering if there is any way this could be caused by a camera problem as that is the only thing I have changed in my optical train.Any help much appreciated

vince

• Atik Staff
Re: reflection artefact
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 10:39:36 am »
Hello,

Would you like to send a couple of fits files into us at support@atik-cameras.com so we can have a look into the reflection, If possible rotate the camera 180 deg between the images.

Best regards
Vince

andyo

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 06:59:16 pm »
Hi Vince
yes will do that may get an opportunity early this evening to slew to vega and do this.
For me to rotate the camera on its own would involve unsrewing it from the filter wheel (Atik efw2) a half turn this I will do.
The only alternative to this would be to rotate the camera with the reducer and filter wheel 

andyo

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 08:53:14 pm »
Hi Vince
I have now done that two fits images sent to atik support camera rotated 180 degrees in between images
Andy