Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Nebulosity and my ATIK 414EX  (Read 8199 times)

cskozlowski

Nebulosity and my ATIK 414EX
« on: August 09, 2015, 02:58:55 pm »
I am now a proud owner of an ATIK 414EX color CCD.  I was trying to use Nebulosity but I discovered that if I set the exposure duration to anything past 2.4 seconds - the software does not capture the image from my camera.  I am now using Artemis capture as a work around.  I would prefer to use Nebulosity since it runs on my Macbook Air.  Has anyone else seen this issue between Nebulosity and the ATIK 414EX CCD?  Are there any other software packages out there there will work with the ATIK 414EX CCD that run natively on Mac OS X?

Jo

• Atik Staff
Re: Nebulosity and my ATIK 414EX
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 04:37:47 pm »
This thread from Stargazers Lounge might be worth a look http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/192900-atik-osx-drivers-r100-example-app/page-9

TheSkyX is another software package that runs natively on Mac - the thread above is mostly about that, but does mention Nebulosity 4 on the page linked to.

Mac drivers are all currently third-party rather than directly from Atik, but I hope there's something there that helps!

cskozlowski

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 07:26:31 pm »
I am now running Nebulosity 4.0 under VMWare (Windows Virtual Machine) on my MAC and this has been working quite well with the ATIK 414ex platform.  I have one issue where I see blooming on the corners of the image captured on the CCD and this is cleared by just restarting Nebulosity.  Has anyone seen any blooming issues with their ATIK 414ex ?

robbeh

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 06:55:41 am »
Hi,

I figured out how to reproduce the amp glow / blooming occurrence in Nebulosity 4. It starts every time after Fine Focus process. If I do no Fine Focus from the menu, the amp won’t glow. I would have to power off/on the cam in order to stop amp glowing and to take regular pictures. I could reproduce this behavior with both, an Atik 314L+ and a 460Ex mono.

Any hints from Atik staff?

Thanks->Robert

Jo

• Atik Staff
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 03:02:30 pm »
Aha, you've found a known bug in Nebulosity where the Fine Focus switches on the fast 'preview' mode of the camera to help with focusing but then doesn't switch it off again, so it is a software rather than a hardware issue. I believe Craig Stark knows about it, but he'd be the one to ask for an update/send a bug report to!

Hope that helps,
Jo

MattC867

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 08:11:29 am »
Hi Jo,

Is there any update on this subject?  I'm having the same issues with my 414EX under Nebulosity.  I sent a bug report to Craig and he basically told me you guys don't respond to him anymore.  I'd really appreciate some support for this camera under Nebulosity as Artemis Capture is rather more limited.

Thanks!
Matt

Jo

• Atik Staff
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 01:31:19 pm »
Hi Matt,

I'm sorry to hear this problem's still ongoing. I'm also really surprised to hear no one's responded to Craig - do you know who he's been (/tried to be) in contact with? From memory, I think this was something that needed to be fixed on the Nebulosity side, but if there's something Craig needs from us to help that happen, that shouldn't be a problem  :)

Best,
Jo