Atik Cameras

Author Topic: 428EX question  (Read 4803 times)

bluemax

428EX question
« on: October 02, 2013, 11:07:36 am »
I use Nebulosity for capture and recently when previewing some image subs, I got and "error reading file" message. This was from an imaging session with Hyperstar 100 subs @ 40 seconds and four of the files had the error message. Then, I had a second series of 90X40 and got one error file. Anyone ever get this? This is the first time for me. Thanks.

Slawomir

Re: 428EX question
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 11:25:00 am »
Hi bluemax,

Recently I was very lucky to get Atik 428EX for testing, and it happened that I also use Nebulosity for image acquisition.

I had this camera for about two (very short) weeks and never had any problems with Nebulosity controlling it. Once I run 250 short subs in a row (bias frames) and also a number of flats, twice had enough time to run 30 subs 300 seconds each (narrowband), also once 50 subs 60 seconds each. Had the camera connected via ASCOM drivers.

However, as I remember, once I got a similar message when using a small Orion G3 camera, but later I updated ASCOM drivers for this camera to the latest version and had no problems with Nebulosity since.

Have you tried running imaging sessions with the provided (Atik) software?

Hope you will resolve your problem quickly.