Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atik 314L+ loss of contact with Artemis and AdueLa  (Read 5394 times)

Edward Orlando Wiley

Atik 314L+ loss of contact with Artemis and AdueLa
« on: December 02, 2013, 12:52:27 am »
Last night I kept loosing contact with the camera. This happened with both Artemis and AdueLa. The loss was intermittent, somethings I had contact, other times, no contact. The camera was running, I could hear the fan. But, I am running the Atik, another guiding CCD, the mount,  laptop and a heating strip through a single power strip.

I thought of two possible problems.

1. Drivers.
2. Lack of sufficient current, that is low current. I do have a lot of peripherals coming out of one power strip.

Since that happened with both Artemis and AdueLa, I am suspecting that I may be trying to supply too much current through the power strip. Tomorrow I will test this by running another line to the observatory, but if anyone has had this problem and can suggest a solution, I would greatly appreciate a response.

BTW, the 314L+ performs excellently with my new APLY600 spectrograph.

Many thanks, Ed Wiley

NickK

Re: Atik 314L+ loss of contact with Artemis and AdueLa
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 12:10:55 pm »
Just out of curiosity - does it loose contact if you wiggle either the USB or power cables?
ATIK 383L+, Titan, 16IC, EFW2, OAG | Pentax 105SDP | NEQ6
Author of the ATIK OSX Drivers and AOSX - Astronomy on OSX

Merlin66

Re: Atik 314L+ loss of contact with Artemis and AdueLa
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 03:55:30 am »
Ed,
I use the ATiK314L with my Spectra-L200 spectroscope. Majic!!
I also have an ATiK16icS set-up as an electronic guider (Zuiko 135mm telelens)
I found that the type of problem you state is usually caused by the lack of power.
I now have a 10A 12V regulated power supply and - touch wood no more issues.
(Just double check you're using the correct 12V DC plug. The 2.1 and 2.5 (incorrect) can look very similar)