Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Imaging Issue  (Read 5007 times)

MikeM

• myastroimages.com
Imaging Issue
« on: June 02, 2014, 02:00:22 pm »
This image was taken ove the weekend with an AT 8RC scope, using the AP67 reducer and my 383L+. There was no moonlight or stray lights, the camera was at -10c and I used 900sec subs. It does not look like a frosting issue. Any thoughts of where the light at top right and arc underneath the galaxy is coming from? I probably should have tried a different filter to see if it continued but did not.

Clear Skies!!
Mike

FSQ106N - AT8RC
G-11

NickK

Re: Imaging Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 09:01:42 am »
The double lines look like there's light coming in somewhere :/

I'm a refractor bod (pentax), if there's light it tends to be if I forgot to tighten up the filter wheel casing enough.

That's not frosting - if that occurs then it looks like a christmas card.
ATIK 383L+, Titan, 16IC, EFW2, OAG | Pentax 105SDP | NEQ6
Author of the ATIK OSX Drivers and AOSX - Astronomy on OSX

chrisjbaileyuk

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 09:47:32 am »
I'm with Nick, thats stray light from somewhere. It really doesnt take much on long exposures to show up and can easily be a reflection. I had an odd one a while back that turned out to be the dew heater controller reflecting back off the dome slit catch.

Chris

MikeM

• myastroimages.com
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 01:07:45 pm »
Thanks for the thoughts and replies. I have to agree with you and believe it is some sort of stray light issue. What's weird is that this never came up
and even as recently as the prior week i gave it a go and did not have it. So now I have to hunt around and see if I can replicate it and find the leak.
Thanks!
Clear Skies!!
Mike

FSQ106N - AT8RC
G-11