Atik Cameras

Author Topic: new package (software/drivers) posted (july 2015) making my 490ex unstable  (Read 4831 times)

pascky999

The day I installed the new package of software and drivers on my laptop (July 2015) I started to experience stability pbs with my atik490ex where artemis capture often freezes when run alone. Also when launching Maxim DL for autoguiding on the same desktop for guiding on ascom atik314L I started to have compatibility issues which were no longer there in previous version.  I will now have to use another laptop, one for imaging using the old drivers and artemis 4.4.0.1, and this one for guiding.
Any assistance welcome. I use windows 8.1 ad all worked well with artemis 4.4.0.1 and previous drivers on this platform.

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
Hi Pascky999,

I have been looking into this issue today, but have not managed to get Capture to freeze. However, I am running on a Windows 7 machine. One question that might help get to the bottom of this: What happens if you reinstall the previous version of the core software?

Chris

pascky999

Hi Chris ,

I loaded a version from may 2014 last night and experienced the same problems, i noticed that the driver version is the same as in current version for the 490EX; what i eventually did was to switch to a different USB port (also 3.0) and it was OK for a few hours until i experienced a small freeze problem but i just had to restart Artemis to resume imaging. So it was fine.

When i experienced real problems with the atrik 490ex, an occurrence of artemis for the atik 490 was running in background and i needed to disconnect and reconnect the camera to restart artemis, until the next problem.

I hope it will be ok with the other usb port.

Regards

Pascal