Atik Cameras

Author Topic: 314L+ Power Supply ?  (Read 8822 times)

NorthBoundTrain

• Astrobin
314L+ Power Supply ?
« on: July 07, 2012, 06:44:07 am »
Hi everyone,

Finally received my 314L+ mono on Thursday and had a quick question. It came with the "lighter plug" type cord but I do not use a power tank and have no way of using this for powering the unit.

My workstation is in my backyard and I run all my gear ( laptop, Atlas EQ-G, etc... ) off of a power strip connected to an outside outlet. The manual says if I want to supply my own adapter it must be and I quote " good quality, with a 2.1mm type plug, center positive, and capable of supplying a minimum of 1.5 amp ( Atik Titan/314/320 ), or 2.5 amp ( Atik 383/4000/11000 ) ".

I don't see any reason why I can't buy one at a local Radio Shack or even from WallyWorld. Would I be safe using the universal ones they sell at shops like this? I don't want to ruin the unit, or cripple it using the wrong thing. A couple people have suggested the universal ones as being fine, but I wanted to double check with you folks here on the camera specific forum to be 100% sure.

That being said, what is the most common adapter used for this model? That will supply it with the power it needs to run correctly?

TIA!
Glad I found this forum, now that I finally got my 314L!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 06:48:20 am by NorthBoundTrain »
Clear Skies - Chris
----------------------------------------
Atlas EQ-G/Orion SVPro w/ Dual Axis Drives
Stellarvue SV80ST-25SV APO Triplet
Orion 50mm Mini Guide Scope
Baader Planetarium-LRGB/HaOIIISII
Atik 314L+ Mono/SSAG
SPC900NC
Bortle Scale Class 3/4-Blue/Green Zone

vince

• Atik Staff
Re: 314L+ Power Supply ?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 03:17:07 pm »
Hi,

Any stable 12 volt 1.5 Amp switching mode power supply will do as long as it's got the plug size you mentioned. We can supply these so they are available through your dealer.

Best Regards
Vince

NorthBoundTrain

• Astrobin
Re: 314L+ Power Supply ?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 06:12:46 am »
Thanks Vince,
I talked to the guys at the local Radio Shack this afternoon, told them the spec.s I needed and they have one put to the side for my wife to pick up after work tomorrow.
Clear Skies - Chris
----------------------------------------
Atlas EQ-G/Orion SVPro w/ Dual Axis Drives
Stellarvue SV80ST-25SV APO Triplet
Orion 50mm Mini Guide Scope
Baader Planetarium-LRGB/HaOIIISII
Atik 314L+ Mono/SSAG
SPC900NC
Bortle Scale Class 3/4-Blue/Green Zone