Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Mounting LRGB Filters on EFW2  (Read 5305 times)

sazam91

Mounting LRGB Filters on EFW2
« on: August 30, 2013, 06:24:03 am »
Hi everyone,

I just received my Astrodon Gen 2 LRGB filters (36mm unmounted) and was wondering what the correct way of installing them is. Right now, I simply put the filters in the slot (without the O-rings) and   used the screws to secure them (without using the smaller white spacers). Even after this, my filters seem a little loose. Did I install them wrong? Can someone please provide me direction as to how to install them (photos too if you have them)? I'm seeing that if I use the spacer on the screw, it may obscure the filter by a little. Is it normal?

Thanks,
Sal

chrisjbaileyuk

Re: Mounting LRGB Filters on EFW2
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 10:39:44 am »
Sal

You need the rubber O rings at the bottom and then sit the filters on top. Secure with the screws and white plastic washers which will compress the filter on to the O-Ring a little. The face of the filters should then sit flush with the filter carousel. The minor intrusion of the washer into the filter is not an issue.

Chris

sazam91

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 03:25:13 pm »
Hi Chris,

The trouble with that method is that the filter itself is not flush. It's still propped up withthe O ring on the bottom. How did you ensure its flush within its space?

sazam91

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 03:03:09 am »
I was able to secure the filters by using the smaller white spacers with the screws. The spacers keep the filters down and secure. OPT confirmed that even though the spacers may protrude a little on the filter, i wont have an affect on the final image.