Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Invalid Handle error  (Read 5679 times)

geoshare

Invalid Handle error
« on: October 22, 2013, 04:09:27 am »
I'm using a ATIK 383L+ with The Sky X. I just got the camera running on a new computer and my camera quits responding and returns ArtemisDLL Invalid Handle

I have been running this camera fine until I loaded the drivers and set up on a new PC.

I saw this error was reported long ago....but did not see any fix for it.

For now I'm dead in the water...

Robert Mueller
Tele Vue 101 is
ATIK 383L
EFW2

geoshare

Re: Invalid Handle error
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 09:21:43 pm »
Does anyone from Atik monitor this site?
Tele Vue 101 is
ATIK 383L
EFW2

ForumAdmin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 08:14:36 am »
Hi,

We only look in occasionally.  If you would like support for Atik direct support at Atik-cameras.com is the place to post. 

Capture is being actively worked on but we don't have a release date yet.
Best
Steve

Chris

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 11:30:17 pm »
This error is something to do with the low level camera driver, essentially it has a problem and it shows a message box.  This is something that a driver should never do because it doesn't give the applications that use it any chance to handle it.  What it should do is throw an exception so the application can handle it.

I've been discussing this with them for several years and have been told that it's going to be fixed but it doesn't seem to have been.

It needs a camera driver update.  It can't be that difficult to search for the places where it's showing a message box and replace the code with something that doesn't.

Chris

geoshare

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 06:28:02 am »
Chris,
Thanks for the comment. I have tried re-installing the drivers and everything else I can think of. I don't know what triggers the error but it's fatal when it occurs essentially requiring powering off equipment and closing crashed Sky X. Then go back through my start up sequence.

As it does not look like it's going to get fixed I have decided to sell the camera and by an SBIG. Hopefully it will be more stable.
Robert
Tele Vue 101 is
ATIK 383L
EFW2

Chris

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 10:33:32 am »
It goes without saying that it is worth upgrading to the latest software and driver version, it may have been fixed.

And, of course, contact support.  It baffles me that so many people are reluctant to do so.

Chris