Atik Cameras

Author Topic: OSX compatibilty  (Read 9004 times)

Lex

• We do it at night...
OSX compatibilty
« on: March 03, 2012, 08:41:57 pm »
Hi Forum,

I read something about Astronomy OSX, and they are talking about integrating Atik stuff under OSX?

Is there light at the end of the mac user tunnel?

Is there anything plannified coming directly from the factory?

Hope so at least  :-\

Best

Lex
CGEM, C11, TS Carbon Apo Triplet 90/600, TS Carbon UNC 254/1250, Atik 383l+, EFW2,
TSOAG, Lodestar....

hgrant

Re: OSX compatibilty
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 04:04:48 am »
Having been using a Mac for quite a while already and though there have been other options and alternatives to make this possible, I was kind of hesitant to give it a shot considering how comfortable I am now with my setup.  Not that it would start messing things up but it would be a far throw considering what is available out on the market.  Probably some stronger ties and dedication would be better at it.

Lex

• We do it at night...
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 12:33:47 pm »
Hi,

I am a Mac addict and do not like to work with windows, but for Astrophotography I have to...
So I installed VMWare and Win7 64bits on my MBPro and I must say that it is working, not flawlessly but at least it works.
The percentage of Mac users keeps constantly growing, so I really can not understand why the different brans do not want to release some Mac compatible software; thats all.

My Mac turns with 8Gb Ram and when Win7 everything just slows down; normal with two OS running in parallel. The last thing I will do is to buy a Win PC...

Best
CGEM, C11, TS Carbon Apo Triplet 90/600, TS Carbon UNC 254/1250, Atik 383l+, EFW2,
TSOAG, Lodestar....

Kaidan

• Astrophotographie à l'île de la Réunion
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 04:50:10 am »
My laptop is running Win7 64 with one Win2003 32, one Win2008 DC R2 64 and one Win7 64 virtual machines and nothing get slow : the laptop is a quad core i7 with 8 GB and it costs half the price the same MacBook.

I do use Nebulosity which also run with MacOS X (i guess C. Stark made it first for it ... with a weird "Win 3.1 oldschool interface") and it already supports some cameras on MacOS X like QHY8 or QSI, SBIG but not the ATIK.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:57:02 am by Kaidan »
Jeremy Skuza
Astrophotographie à l'île de la Réunion
TMB Optical 130 Signature Series + 3" corrector
Losmandy G11 "O&V" [NS + Spacer] Gemini II
DS : ATIK 383L+, Astronomik LRGB | AG / P : ATIK Titan

Lex

• We do it at night...
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 12:01:47 pm »
but not the ATIK.

That's what bothers me the most  :(

No also the rest; like MDL or other Softs that simply are not written for Mac OSX...

Thanks
TSOAG, Lodestar....