Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Firmware Update - How is it done?  (Read 14043 times)

snovosel

Firmware Update - How is it done?
« on: March 16, 2012, 09:54:05 pm »
Hi all, just received the 11k. How do I check to see what firmware is already installed? If I need to update, how is that done?

Many thanks!

Steve

ruitripa

• Atik Staff
    • Atik Cameras
Re: Firmware Update - How is it done?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 06:07:12 pm »
Hi Steve,

You use the Config utility, but you don't need to do so because it has been a while since we updated the 11K firmware, so you do have the latest version for sure.
Rui Tripa

snovosel

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 06:32:17 pm »
Thanks Rui!  One more question: the concept of an "electronic shutter" eludes me. Is this something that I can use to take darks without physically covering the sensor? If so, how is that implemented?

Best,

Steve

Lex

• We do it at night...
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 08:00:10 pm »
Hi,

Indeed you can use this mechanical shutter to take darks without covering the scope  8)
Most of the astro softs offer the possibilty to take autodarks or simple darks at whatever lenght wanted..
Simply click on darkframe, and that's all!
Nice hum? ;)

Best

Lex
CGEM, C11, TS Carbon Apo Triplet 90/600, TS Carbon UNC 254/1250, Atik 383l+, EFW2,
TSOAG, Lodestar....

MikeM

• myastroimages.com
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 12:07:13 pm »
Thanks Rui!  One more question: the concept of an "electronic shutter" eludes me. Is this something that I can use to take darks without physically covering the sensor? If so, how is that implemented?

Best,

Steve

If you have an electronic shutter and not a mechanical one then you would need to cover the sensor when shooting darks.
Clear Skies!!
Mike

FSQ106N - AT8RC
G-11

Lex

• We do it at night...
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 01:29:32 am »
Ooops, I have read Mech Shutter instead of Elec Shutter...
Indeed taking Darks without covering the scope, just works effectively with an Mech Shutter avoiding parasite Lights invading the CCD...

The 11k has a mechanical shutter I think?
CGEM, C11, TS Carbon Apo Triplet 90/600, TS Carbon UNC 254/1250, Atik 383l+, EFW2,
TSOAG, Lodestar....