Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Windows 7 problem with all my Atik devices  (Read 8957 times)

antimorris

• Horizon BETA Tester
    • Enterprise Astronomy
Windows 7 problem with all my Atik devices
« on: March 17, 2012, 07:42:00 pm »
I just upgraded to a Windows 7 machine and am having some problems with Atik devices. I got everything installed fine and followed Atik's Windows 7 instructions for having the drivers seen (which they are, according to Windows). Problem is that no program will connect to or see the 314L+ and the EFW2 will only work via ASCOM (not via FilterWheel Runner). I have tried Atik's Capture, Nebulosity, and MaximDL with the 314L+ - all have the same problem.

I have plugged both the 314L+ and the EFW2 back into my XP machine just to make sure they were working alright and they are both doing fine in there so its definitely a Windows 7 issue. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 08:17:18 pm by antimorris »
Anna Morris
Enterprise Astronomy

CPC800XLT, Orion EON 80ED, Atik 314L+, Atik EFW2, Lodestar, Philips SPC900NC

Kaidan

• Astrophotographie à l'île de la Réunion
Re: Windows 7 problem with all my Atik devices
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 08:07:58 am »
The EFW2 not working with FilterWheel Runner on 7 (esp 64bits) is a know problem (there's a discussion on it in "Accessories"). About the 314L+, did you install the last drivers from the website or the one that are on the CD and probably pretty old ?
Jeremy Skuza
Astrophotographie à l'île de la Réunion
TMB Optical 130 Signature Series + 3" corrector
Losmandy G11 "O&V" [NS + Spacer] Gemini II
DS : ATIK 383L+, Astronomik LRGB | AG / P : ATIK Titan

antimorris

• Horizon BETA Tester
    • Enterprise Astronomy
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 10:13:21 am »
I installed the ones from the website. I have uninstalled and reinstalled them a couple times and still no go with the Atik 314L+.
Anna Morris
Enterprise Astronomy

antimorris

• Horizon BETA Tester
    • Enterprise Astronomy
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 11:23:18 am »
After a few hours of frutzing with various attempts to fix it I have come up with a solution. Apparently selecting the correct driver (via the Atik instructions on the site) is only enough for Windows to recognize it and doesn't default that driver across the board. I had to manually search the computer for every location of the Atik drivers, delete them and copy the 64 bit ones from the Atik site into each location (there were 3 different locations on my system). Once I did that, the various programs recognize the 314L+ and run fine. Odd that Windows 7 doesn't default to the driver you select when setting it in the Control Panel, but at least its sorted. Hopefully if anyone else has this issue the same fix will work.
Anna Morris
Enterprise Astronomy

Kaidan

• Astrophotographie à l'île de la Réunion
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 12:25:23 pm »
Well, it's maybe a 314L+ problem because i use both 383L+ and Titan on the same Win7 Pro 64 laptop and never had any problem with it.
Jeremy Skuza
Astrophotographie à l'île de la Réunion
TMB Optical 130 Signature Series + 3" corrector
Losmandy G11 "O&V" [NS + Spacer] Gemini II
DS : ATIK 383L+, Astronomik LRGB | AG / P : ATIK Titan