Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Lots of questions  (Read 2720 times)

badsocref

Lots of questions
« on: June 03, 2014, 06:54:36 pm »
I have used modified Canon cameras for imaging for years, but want to image deeper/dimmer objects.  I image through a C11 (occasionally thru a hyperstar), through a Stellarview 115 or through various camera lenses from 15mm to 300mm.  I have a few questions that I'm hoping you all can help me with.

- I really like the LiveView feature that the Canon EOS software provides.  Is something similar available when using an ATIK camera?  What is the 'friendliest' software for running this camera?

- Is it possible to connect the camera to a Canon lens?  If so, using what adaptor?

- I have a bunch of 2" filters.  I assume that I can use those instead of 1.25" filters??

- Which 4-series camera would you recommend?  I'd likely start with a fairly basic (manual) system, but might in time progress to using filter wheels.  What filter wheel set-up do you like the most?

joseamirandavelez

Re: Lots of questions
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 01:34:39 pm »

Dave92F1

Re: Lots of questions
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 10:55:34 pm »
The Artemis CCD software the camera comes with provides a live-view type preview image. 

Of course, if you need a 2 minute exposure to see anything, you still need to wait 2 minutes to get enough light for a frame of live-view.  But you can do binning to get an image fast (but at low resolution), then turn off binning for the image you're going to save.

I find the software very simple and friendly.