Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Guiding problem  (Read 7352 times)

carkinzo

Guiding problem
« on: October 06, 2014, 02:10:02 pm »
I want to use the Titan cameras with PHD for Mac.
But while it works fine with window,
with the Mac because no Atik Titan cameras is not present
in the selection menu.
How can I do?
Thanks

NickK

Re: Guiding problem
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 03:30:15 pm »
Hi,
I have the Titan working on the mac - I've written the drivers that are currently being incorporated into TheSkyX, Nebulosity and is the base for INDI's drivers.

I will talk to Craig (author of PHD and Nebulosity) have you tried OpenPHD? This is like PHD version 2 developed on Craig's great work.

I looked at adding the ATIK driver support into PHD however at the time the PHD uses 3rd party software that would not compile on my development machine. I have a few things I need todo but I may chat with the OpenPHD folks to add ATIK support into PHD on the Mac.

Kind regards,
Nick
ATIK 383L+, Titan, 16IC, EFW2, OAG | Pentax 105SDP | NEQ6
Author of the ATIK OSX Drivers and AOSX - Astronomy on OSX

cardiofuse

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 11:27:31 pm »
I just purchased the GP mono; do you think it will ever work on Craig Stark's pHD V2?

NickK

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 08:50:19 am »
Hi,
It's certainly possible.

I have created a initial version of the OpenPHD2 with the new ATIK OS X & Legacy drivers (see the equipment section for a link). This provides support for all but the GP at the moment - the reason being I didn't manage to compile the library for GP support with USB support on that day.

Adding the GP support to the drivers and to the other packages (such as OpenPHD2) is on my list of things todo.

Nick
ATIK 383L+, Titan, 16IC, EFW2, OAG | Pentax 105SDP | NEQ6
Author of the ATIK OSX Drivers and AOSX - Astronomy on OSX