Atik Cameras

Author Topic: TheSkyX Camera Addon plugin for ATIK cameras on OS X - R1.45 General Release !  (Read 50129 times)

NickK

For anyone with issues by selecting "ATIKUniversal" then check the installation with R1.45 and you should have the camera model in the select list:
ATIK 383L+, Titan, 16IC, EFW2, OAG | Pentax 105SDP | NEQ6
Author of the ATIK OSX Drivers and AOSX - Astronomy on OSX

NickK

Also you should be able to see in the Settings window the correct version:

logieberra

Hi, just a follow up. All is running smooth now. Great service from Nick.

logieberra

Nick. The plug-in is working well on test bench. Will give it a good run when the clouds break. Correct - I am no longer using Atik Universal to connect the camera. Cheers, Logan.

NielsVChr

• Horizon BETA Tester
Hi,
what am I missing here/to install?
When I select the Atik460EX camera within TheSkyX program like this,
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10089041/Test1/TheSkyXMissingAtik460EX-driver-select.jpg
I get this response, miss a driver,
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10089041/Test1/TheSkyXMissingAtik460EX-driver.png
I have used the info. from here,
http://www.bisque.com/sc/forums/p/23798/110981.aspx#110981
You will need login rights to the above bisque location.
The topic is about the "ATIK OSX R1.45 TheSkyX Plugin - general release" and I have done as said.
I'm using a Win7 64bit PC with 8GB RAM.
Please help me/here, thanks in advance.
Kind regards Niels
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:24:23 am by NielsVChr »

NickK

Hi Niels,

The driver here is for Apple Mac ("OS X" operating system) and not Microsoft Windows. Unfortunately you can't run OS X software on Windows.

Software Bisque have their own ATIK TheSkyX Plugin for Microsoft Windows.

Nick

NielsVChr

• Horizon BETA Tester
Thanks Nick for a fast answer, I expect it's just to select the "Atik Universal" camera within TheSkyX program, and use this for all type of Atik cameras.
Kind regards Niels

NickK

Thanks Nick for a fast answer, I expect it's just to select the "Atik Universal" camera within TheSkyX program, and use this for all type of Atik cameras.
Kind regards Niels

Hi Niels,
I've had discussions with SB about this - my preference is that the cameras are auto-detected and presented to the user. They can then assign the right camera as they see fit (the setting should be remembered if the camera has a unique serial number available to it to identify it without opening the camera - which may disturb any other application using it).

Software Bisque's preferred operating model is for the user to select the camera manufacturer, then select the camera model. I've been in the lucky situation to have multiple cameras of the same model attached - so the plugin was written to allow the user to be able to select the specific camera device from a drop down list in the settings window.
I believe SB have multiple camera support on their product roadmap.

Many astronomers now use multiple scopes and cameras to increase the data within the imaging time they have. So this is fast becoming an important feature for users in my opinion.

Nick