Atik Cameras

Author Topic: ATIK GP issue  (Read 5558 times)

Dean Drumheller

ATIK GP issue
« on: February 04, 2015, 09:49:14 pm »
I have 2 issues using GP camera with Artemis. 1- The camera connects but images are not downloading.

2- under telescope chooser (ASCOM 6 platform), all options give me the error message:
"check driver configuration first by clicking the properties button"  Properties button is always greyed out.

How can I properly connect and download images ?   Thanks, Dean

Dean Drumheller

Re: ATIK GP issue
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 09:57:19 pm »
Wondering if anyone can help me get the camera going.
It works when plugged directly in to the computer, but not thru the USB Hub.
Everything else works thru the same hub.  I switched USB hubs, with same result. 

Perfectly functional hub and good cables.  I have tried all the computer ports.  Windows 7.
Appreciate any input.   Thanks, Dean

NickK

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 09:47:56 am »

Unfortunately I don't use windows but that has all the hallmarks of a driver not installing itself correctly or a collision between drivers. Worth sending atik's support email a ping.
ATIK 383L+, Titan, 16IC, EFW2, OAG | Pentax 105SDP | NEQ6
Author of the ATIK OSX Drivers and AOSX - Astronomy on OSX

Dean Drumheller

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 07:03:20 pm »
ATIK sends very short messages telling me to plug the camera in to 2.0 USB port, which I am doing.
Don't want to say anything bad, I'm just not getting support from ATIK.  Appreciate knowing exactly how someone on the group would deal with this.  The camera will not connect.  Thanks, Dean

Merlin66

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 02:04:03 am »
Dean,
Don't know the answer, but I'd suggest re-installing the drivers etc. as "Adminstrator". This sometimes fixes the issue with different folders being used to store data...

Chris

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 01:49:50 pm »
Getting connections through a hub can be challenging because things can vary depending on the hub.

What I do with a powered 13 port hub and active extension is to plug the camera into the hub, then connect the extension, then the extension to the laptop.

The USB driver may need to be reinstalled every time the camera connection path changes so try always to connect the camera to the same socket on the hub and the hub and extension to the same socket on the laptop.

It can take some time for the connection to be fully made so allow a minute or two after connecting before trying.

BTW the lack of responsiveness may be because it's been Astrofest this week and quite a lot of the Atik people will have been there.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Dean Drumheller

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 05:21:03 pm »
Thank you both, I am trying a driver reinstall today.  I'm using a powered USB extender, and will try your method.
Appreciate that,  Dean

Dean Drumheller

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 09:12:36 pm »
The GP camera does not connect via the powered USB extender, after reinstalling the drivers.

It would help to know if anyone on this forum has successfully used the GP camera via a powered USB extender.    ATIK is unresponsive.    Thanks, Dean

Dean Drumheller

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 07:00:58 pm »
ATIK is responsive to my issue.
Though my powered USB extender worked with other items, including mount and CCD camera, it did not connect with the GP camera. A newer, USB extender connected to the ATIK immediately.  I am replacing that USB extender.  Thanks for the input. Dean