Atik Cameras

Author Topic: atik414ex cannot startup artemis capture new purchase  (Read 5360 times)

mherbik

atik414ex cannot startup artemis capture new purchase
« on: May 01, 2015, 01:05:56 am »
In need of some help here. I recently bought atik 414ex downloaded and extracted files (only did drivers per the tutorial video on atik) get as far as plugging camera in and into usb port(fan is running I assume camera functions properly). Go to open artemiscapture and get the following error code:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArtemisCCD\ArtemisCapture.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more details.

I emailed support at atik and have gotten nothing in return. I spoke to the dealer (high point scientific) who sold me camera they asked me to email them the error code what I was doing wtc. I emailed them basically this and they forwarded it to atik. Again no reply. Im hoping someone has a clue as to what to do because at this point I have an expensive paperweight that Im ready to return... If it helps at all running windows 8 on a brand new laptop bought just for this purpose. Dell inspiiron15 I7 5000 series,

Thanks in advance for any help.

astronutcase

Re: atik414ex cannot startup artemis capture new purchase
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 01:43:24 am »
For what it's worth I received a 414EX camera from High Point today and it seems to work just fine in both Artemis Capture and MaxIm on Windows 8. I suggest you re-install this time adding more features.

mherbik

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 02:15:02 am »
I tried uninstalling /reinstalling using both the disk and the website downloads. using just drivers and also more features. Same error code.

mherbik

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 12:09:51 pm »
from atik just incase anyone else has the issue:

I have seen this error very occasionally before, it to do with the version of the Microsoft files.  I would suggest downloading the latest core software from

http://www.atik-cameras.com/downloads/

Unzip and install our applications.  Then shut down and restart the computer.  You should find the software then runs fine.

If still no luck then your computer may possibly have become slightly corrupted.  Microsoft has the following knowledge base article to resolve the issue

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2525435