Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Plans for an All-Sky camera  (Read 9658 times)

Jo

• Atik Staff
Plans for an All-Sky camera
« on: January 22, 2015, 12:33:58 pm »
We're laying plans for a new all-sky camera and we'd love to hear your opinions on it - see our thoughts on the poster below and have your say in the comments!

ChrisLX200

Re: Plans for an All-Sky camera
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 08:33:32 pm »
Pity it isn't available now... it would have saved me having to make one!

Equally important is the software, which should include the ability to stream to a webpage (something I'm struggling with).

ChrisH

NickK

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 10:07:51 pm »
low power consumption - no need for a big computer attached. Autofocus for temperature change..

ODroid do a powerful ARM based linux box that's more powerful. It would be possible to then attach astrometry.net to show the point of sky and the path as a record.
ATIK 383L+, Titan, 16IC, EFW2, OAG | Pentax 105SDP | NEQ6
Author of the ATIK OSX Drivers and AOSX - Astronomy on OSX

ChrisLX200

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 06:56:17 pm »
Having a wireless connection would also be great, then it can be placed in the best position without worring about running long cables.

ChrisH

Someyawhoo

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 04:19:19 am »
Any update?  Just learned of this possibility.  The Community Observatory currently uses Moonglow and would be pleased to see something much more capable for day and night operation.  Always a lot of interest around meteors or fireballs, etc. 

Jo

• Atik Staff
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 10:33:10 am »
Unfortunately this is currently parked as a project, and we don't have any plans to pick it up in the near future, but I will let you know if that changes.

Our Titan camera can be made into a great all-sky camera, but I appreciate the DIY approach isn't an ideal solution, and would lack the dedicated software, which would have been a big part of this.

I'm sorry it's not better news,

Jo

pf_fin

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 09:52:25 am »
One important think for me would be an Ethernet socket in order to connect it via Lan.

Piero
Clear skies!
Piero

Jo

• Atik Staff
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 03:53:23 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions, Piero. We're not currently doing any more development on the all-sky camera, but I'll bear this in mind if we do.

Have you seen that you can now connect to our other cameras via LAN using our Atik Air software installed on a Raspberry Pi 3?

There's more here if it does interest you - http://www.atik-cameras.com/product/atik-air/

Jo

Rozaliamut

Plans for an All Sky c
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 05:24:23 am »
thanks hannes for the information
is there any plugins similar to waterworks, work with TG2 ?