Atik Cameras

Author Topic: 460 ccd temperature  (Read 5947 times)

AnttiJii

460 ccd temperature
« on: August 21, 2016, 09:59:10 am »
Hi,

I was testing my new 460exMono last night and after a few hours Nebulosity crashed and did not recognise the camera. After restarting a few times, problem solved and I continued imaging. However, today I noticed all Ha-images were very noisy and Image Info revealed CCD temperature was nice 2580 degrees. Is this something to be concerned about or just typical software bug?

br,
Anttij

Jo

• Atik Staff
Re: 460 ccd temperature
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 03:47:58 pm »
Hi Anttij,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. Can I first just check if you're using the latest drivers off our website? You can find them here - http://www.atik-cameras.com/downloads/ The latest version does contain a couple of bug fixes, so we'll try that first - let me know how you get on.

Thanks,
Jo

AnttiJii

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 07:22:45 am »
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I am using the latest drivers. I have had several problems with Nebulosity, in my Macbook for instance, it always crashes when attempting to connect to ATIK Universal. I have not found a solution yet. On PC capturing works quite ok.

But regarding the previous, let's say interesting, temperature of CCD, was is just a glitch in software or should I be checking something if something is broken?

br,
anttij

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 09:57:48 am »
Hi Anttij,

That's strange. I'm not sure what could have happened there, but it's unlikely that something has broken. I'd guess that it's either a glitch in either Nebulosity or our code. I'd continue to use it, but if it happens again, let me know and I'll send you some debug code to help get to the bottom of it.

It's probably be quicker if you email me directly at ChrisG@atik-cameras.com.

Chris.

AnttiJii

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 07:35:35 am »
The camera stopped imaging (and cooling) the other night and also there was a strong glow in both corners of the image a few times. It turned out that the power source I was using was broken. That was the most likely explanation for all this. I replaced the power supply and now images are beautiful and cooling steady at -10c.
br,
anttij

Jo

• Atik Staff
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 10:31:45 am »
Hi Anttij,

Glad to hear you've found the source of the problem and are happily back imaging  :)

Let us know if you have any more issues,

Jo