Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Artemis Crashing when 'Display Options' selected  (Read 5051 times)

badsocref

Artemis Crashing when 'Display Options' selected
« on: March 06, 2016, 02:31:11 am »
I'm trying to use Artemis on a MacBook Pro running Win10 on a virtual machine (using latest VMware).  Artemis opens fine and recognizes the camera (Atik 460).  I can turn on/off the cooling system, and can select various screens like the scheduler.  However, whenever I try to open the 'Display Options" screen, the program crashes.

Any ideas??  I've re-installed the program twice.

badsocref

Re: Artemis Crashing when 'Display Options' selected
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 05:42:26 pm »
I got to talking with a friend on the golf course yesterday and he suggested turning off 3D acceleration (one of the VMware settings).  That didn't fix the problem, but there was another setting on the same window (something about using full resolution on retina display laptops).  When I unchecked that box, the application ran just fine.

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 10:12:07 am »
Hi badsocref,

Thanks for the post. I haven't actually tried running capture via a virtual machine on a mac, so I'm glad you managed to get it working. I'll keep this in mind next time someone esquires about it.

Chris,

jcinpv

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 07:15:18 pm »
I had the same issue on my MacBook Pro with Parallels.

I tried everything possible with regard to graphics preferences and nothing helped. My MacBook Pro has a retina display. My Mac Mini does not. Artemis works in Win 10 VM under Parallels on the Mac Mini.

I copied the Win 10 VM from the Mini to the MacBook Pro and the problem does not exist there. But I did have to change the graphics preferences to disable 3D

It used to work on the MacBook Pro with the original Win 10, but I have added a lot of other Astronomy software in Win 10 on the MacBook Pro and somewhere along the line Artemis broke.

John C