Atik Cameras

Author Topic: I am excited  (Read 4111 times)

StarMike

I am excited
« on: March 18, 2016, 02:40:45 pm »
Hi, new to this forum.  My Atik Infinity Mono arrives today.  Woohoo!  Looks like I will have clear skies on Monday, so I can spend the weekend getting everything installed and tested.  I have a C11 with the Celestron F6.3 reducer and the Meade F3.3 reducer.  I am hoping these combinations will get me good views.  I have been using a AVS APU-1 video camera but just don't like the resolution I get, and the chip is so small on it that I have to use a lot of focal reduction to get things in the FOV.

I am even contemplating the Hyperstar unit but they are expensive.  I know I am rambling but just excited

StarMike

Re: I am excited
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 12:16:54 pm »
Got to try out the Infinity last night. All I can say is great camera.  Got some great views of Orion, even with a nearly full moon!  Got some pics on my laptop I will post later (not on my laptop right now).  Very happy with the camera.  My issue is my Meade F3.3 reducer has a lot of vignetting.  Looking at the Optec one, but it is really expensive.  Any one have any suggestions?

Also saw the Horsehead nebula.  Could never pull it out with my old LN300 based camera.