Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atik One 6.0 disconnecting  (Read 5084 times)

Zincberg

Atik One 6.0 disconnecting
« on: April 10, 2016, 12:21:40 am »
Hi There,
Ive just recently purchased my first Atik camera (Atik One 6.0)....and am extremely happy with it so far.
Ive spent the last 3 weeks just trying to get my head around the best way to get the results I am after, doing tests, working on alignment etc.
I have a rather nasty little problem that has shown itself multiple times now, and I wondered if anyone might have an answer.

Basically, after a non set period of non use, the camera seems to disconnect from my computer. There is no warning or indication that it has disconnected, it just doesnt work when I go to take a shot.
On most previous occasions. Ive managed to reconnect simply by unplugging the USB cable and re attaching it....
Twice the only fix has been to restart my computer and re connect the cables...
Last night, however...it was well over an hour of unplugging, re plugging, restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling software... but no matter what I did, I couldnt get the camera to take a photo.
I had a quick read of some forums on the googles...and found someone talking about the camera not responding correctly when it is sending a "cooling signal"... or something to that effect.
I restarted artamis capture...and set  the cooler...and touched nothing until it reached my desired temparature.
Then everything worked.
Heres the problem...I have no way to be SURE that the cooling thingy is whats causing the disconnects... only that it seemed to work after that "far from scientific", perhaps coincidental, perhaps temporary result last night... and in a few weeks, Im taking a week away to a dark location to do some photography...I wont have intenet to help me if things go bad.

*****UPDATE*****

So, I went out again last night to do some more testing. The camera behaved itself nicely until a sequence I was running needed to do a meridian flip. Unfortunately, I had not set up my mount for a MF yet, so the sequence halted.
When I came out to check progress, the camera had disconnected itself again. I found I can check the connection status by looking at the temperature of the ccd. (removing cables had no effect... I was too tired to continue trying to resolve the issue)

Any help  or insight would be appreciated.
Andrew
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 01:08:39 am by Zincberg »

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
Re: Atik One 6.0 disconnecting
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 03:58:38 pm »
Hi Andrew,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. Which version of the software are you using? I'd advice trying the BETA software as this has several fixes for the AtikOne which might cure this problem.

You can download it from here:

http://www.atik-cameras.com/news/atik-infinity-software-update-and-beta-3-drivers/

Please be sure to follow any instructions on the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Chris.